Financial Reporting (SEC) Manager or Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFinancial (SEC) Reporting Manager or Director role for large growing company in the South Charlotte area.
Big 4 Audit Manager with SEC clients or prior SEC Reporting experience is ideal.
Must have CPA and high level of technical knowledge of US GAAP.
Responsible for ensuring that internal and external financial results are timely, accurate and in accordance with US GAAP. This involves oversight of internal and external reporting, including Securities and Exchange ("SEC") reporting.
This position will work with the Corp Controller/VP of Finance and senior business unit leaders to address questions and issues in the public filings including periodic filings such as Form 10-K and Form 10-Q, as well as Form 8-ks and proxy statements, as necessary. This position works closely with individuals in and outside of the finance department to coordinate financial reporting and provide timely customer service.
This position works closely with both the internal and external auditors, and may have exposure to the Audit and Compliance Committee of the Board of Directors.
This position will serve as back up to the Corporate Controller/Vice President of Finance on various department and cross-department meetings and projects related to financial reporting and/or SEC filings.
Oversight of SOX responsibilities related to financial reporting and/or SEC filings, including periodic updates of SOX narratives, providing support for testing of SOX processes, and identifying and addressing corrective actions, as necessary.
* Bachelors degree required in accounting
* Masters degree (MA, MS, MBA) preferred
* 8years related experience required
* Public accounting and/or industry required
* Accounting/Financial Reporting department experience with progressive experience in financial close operations and internal financial reporting, SEC/external financial reporting requirements, US GAAP requirements and personnel management
* Annual audit process with audit reporting and footnote disclosure experience
* Internal control implementation and documentation.
* Coordinating, managing and improving workflow processes within an Accounting department.
* Reviewing various organizational legal documents and determining potential accounting implications.
* Researching, documenting and applying accounting guidance to various complex accounting issues throughout the organization, including revenue recognition, at-risk contracts and other contingent liabilities, capitalized internally development software and internal control procedures.
* Big 4 public accounting experience strongly preferred
* 3+ years direct supervisory experience preferred
* CPA required