Financial Reporting Team Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Under the direction of Financial Reporting Manager, the Financial Reporting Team Lead is responsible for facilitating and monitoring financial reporting process during month end close, reviewing the monthly internal financial statements and other internal reports as well as all monthly, quarterly and annual external financial statements/reports. The Financial Reporting Team Lead is also responsible for researching and recommending accounting treatment and monitoring new FASB guidance.
* Facilitates preparation and reviews audited annual financial statements and related disclosures (GAAP, OCBOA and Benefit Plans)
* Researches the FASB Accounting Standards Codification and recommends accounting treatment for specific transactions
* Routinely monitors and reports on new issued and exposed FASB guidance
* Facilitates and monitors financial reporting process during month end and year end close
* Supervises preparation and validation of financial statements and various management reports and performs overall variance analysis on the monthly financial statements
* Reviews monthly internal financial statements and accompanying summary of financial results, joint venture statements, partnership reporting, executive management reporting, etc.
* Supervises and reviews quarterly state reporting
* Maintains mapping and books, resolves validation errors and performs other tasks related to Hyperion Financial Management system
* Builds and maintains reports in Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio and SmartView
* Monitors all existing financial reporting processes, identifies process inefficiencies, recommends efficient process alternatives, and facilitates implementation of such process improvements
Education and Training:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
* Four or more years of progressive accounting experience, including a minimum of 3 years of experience at a public accounting firm.
* Solid understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the application thereof.
* Experienced in the preparation of annual audited financial statements and related disclosures.
* Experienced in the FASB Accounting Standards Codification research and preparation of accounting research memorandums.
* Experience with PeopleSoft, Hyperion or similar ERP systempreferred.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Licenses, Registrations or Certifications
* CPA license preferred.
About Relevante, Inc. - the Recruiting Firm Representing the Client for this Job
Relevante is an accounting & technology direct hire recruiting and contract staffing firm. We help our Clients identify and recruit the best talent in the market and help our candidates win engaging and enriching jobs. Our Clients are some of the best companies to work for among F1 and emerging fast growth companies in the region. Relevante has been consistently ranked as a fast growth company and one of the largest recruiting, accounting, and management consulting firms in the Philadelphia region.