Financial Systems Analyst II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONSimplexGrinnell is a global leader in the design, manufacture, installation, and service of a comprehensive array of networked and integrated fire alarm and suppression, security, and communications systems. Our continued success and growth has produced a need for the following position in our Westminster, MA location.
EXPECTATION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
SimplexGrinnell adheres to a core set of values and ideals that guides our actions as an employer and our operations as a business that provides fire and life-safety systems and services. We strive for excellence, and seek the honor of being recognized as a world-class company. We are committed to teamwork, customer service, honesty and integrity and to being a strong partner with our communities. We strive to create a work environment where all people are treated equally and with respect, and are mindful of the environment and our role in protecting it.
INNOVATION AND AUTOMATION REPORTING ANALYST DESCRIPTION:
* Key focus on eliminating manual reporting activity within Order to Cash group through system automation
* Assess current state reporting activities and develop robust solutions to automate and optimize
* Write VBA code, macros, and SQL queries to extract, manipulate, and distribute data
* Apply professional judgment based on the analysis of quantitative data and information. Screen, categorize, and resolve data integrity issues
* Implement business requirements for analytical reporting and analyses along with ensuring appropriate security measures are adhered to
* Maintain close alignment with all customers of the Management Reporting and Data Mining teams to ensure their reporting requirements are being met (i.e. Operational, Order Entry, Finance, etc.)
* Liaise with IT to manage process of data mapping, UAT testing, etc.
* Work closely with IT to drive database optimization for financial reporting improvements and automation
* Support ad-hoc vs. standard management reporting process to help determine when repetitive ad-hoc requests should be included as standard reporting
* Drive the creation and maintenance of process documentation for activities which reside within team in order to drive standardization and best practices
* Embrace a business focused and results oriented team within Order to Cash
* Perform various ad-hoc assignments
* Heavy VBA usage
* Advanced Excel skills (macros, modeling, pivot tables, and lookups)
* Advanced MS Access skills
* Experience or knowledge of various ERP systems (Oracle, JDE, etc.)
* Essbase & Microstrategy experience preferred
* SharePoint, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook proficiency
* Bachelors Degree in Information Technology required, Finance/Accounting experience preferred.
* 5 years of related experience, ability to organize and manage multiple priorities simultaneously, strong analytical skills
* Ability to convey technical processes to business partners in a clear and meaningful way
* Demonstrate ability to identify and implement change, adhere to deadlines, provide value-added analyses to assist finance leaders to make informed decisions
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a proactive and solution oriented approach toward business issues
* Ability to build rapport, cultivate working relationships and drive collaboration across teams
* Resourceful self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
* Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic environment, striving to exceed expectations
* Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, comfort in operating within a dynamic, complex and matrixed organizational structure, ability to establish credibility throughout the organization in processes and people by demonstrating Tyco Values
This position does not include relocation.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume by accessing Careers at www.tyco.com or Job Opportunities at http://simplexgrinnell.ia/.
Only applicants that possess the minimum qualifications will be considered. Candidates must successfully complete an employment background investigation and drug screening. SimplexGrinnell offers excellent compensation and benefits programs.
SimplexGrinnell is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer
The company reserves the right to amend, modify and/or change the content of this description at any time without prior notification to the effected employees