Finish Paint Supervisor 9/3/2016
Miller Industries Towing Equipment, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in paint operations by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
* Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
* Interprets specifications and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
* Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
* Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
* Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
* Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
* Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
* Maintains time and production records.
* Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
* Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
* Performs activities of workers supervised.
* Computes paint mixture formulas.
* Plans and programs sequence of tasks in spray paint booth.
* Moves controls to adjust furnace temperatures, paint supply, hydraulic pressure, or conveyor speeds.
* Inspects painted surfaces for paint coverage, flow of paint, and color quality.
* Measures thickness and viscosity of paint applied to objects.
Directly supervises 8-10 employees in the Finish Paint Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general educationdegree (GED); or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Basic computer skills. Experience with LN or other Enterprise system desired.