Finished Goods Handler - Loader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/22/2016
END DATE 3/9/2017
West Columbia, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
To ensure that job duties that affect the safety, legality and quality standards are completed. To ensure product is properly loaded onto outgoing trailers.
* Follow all warehousing policies and procedures
* Complete all tasks Safely
* Complete all job functions by defined procedures
* Enter Data Transfers into SAP
* Ensure product temperatures are maintained (and monitoring devices are applied as necessary)
* Scan preferably, or enter location assignments into SAP
* Plan ahead for space needs to ensure production flows smoothly, without interruption
* Load outbound trailers neatly and accurately
* Ensure finished goods pallets are not damaged prior to shipment (Pallet and product)
* Provide feedback to Supervisors on issues experienced
* Report any incidents immediately
* Report any product damage or department discrepancies to the appropriate Supervisors
* Monitor warehouse inventory levels by location
* Housekeeping tasks, as assigned or defined on checklists
* Collection of foreign material pieces from the floor
* Proper disposal of waste materials in designated waste containers
* All other duties that are assigned by department management
* Interact with Coworkers, Management and Visitors professionally
* Read, understand and complete internal forms and documents
* Know, understand and follow safe operating procedures and good manufacturing practices
* Follow production schedule set by management
* Perform all tasks and duties required to ensure product yield, efficiency standards, and housekeeping requirements are met
* Understand and follow hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP)
* Accurate and timely communication of safety, quality, production, maintenance & sanitation issues to supervision and/or appropriate department personnel
* Troubleshoots & rectifies operator problems and reports any associated downtime to Supervisor
* Complete preventative maintenance tasks as directed by management/leadership
* Communicates with supervision & co-workers all information relevant to warehousing processes
* Operators must be properly relieved prior to leaving for scheduled breaks or end of shift
* Assists in other training activities which support the warehousing and manufacturing processes
* Follow work schedule work weekends and overtime, if required (OT is frequent)
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Minimum of two (2) years of warehousing experience recommended
* Use of computerized forklift equipment
* Previous forklift experience recommended, including stand up forklift experience
* Good reading, writing and oral communications in English.
* Good mathematical skills.
* High School diploma or GED
* Mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot and make minor adjustments to equipment
* SAP and or SAP WM experience
* Lifting up to 50lbs
* Frequently climbing stairs
* Standing & walking for extended periods of time
* Frequently pushing, pulling & bending
* Reaching & stooping
* Employee must be able to work in cold, wet, hot, dusty, slippery, loud and close space for extended periods of time
* Working in sub zero temperatures, on occasion
10 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.., Sunday through Friday, or as needed (OT required as needed)
West Columbia, South Carolina, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.