Finisher III (Job #1417)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY:
Under minimal supervision, use a variety of cabinetry finish, techniques and material to perform the preparation, application and polishing of cabinetry wood-surfaced subassemblies for completion of VIP aircraft.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepares high quality fabricated cabinetry, devan, ledges etc and other wood-surfaced subassemblies for the finish application.
2. Mixes paint and stains as needed to achieve a high quality finish application.
3. Applies stains, dyes and paint to finish fabricated cabinetry sub-assemblies.
4. Utilize acceptable materials for the paint or dye process which is suitable to the design specification and approved under the Comlux Aviation RSM and other procedures.
5. Interpret material specs and engineering drawings to ensure finished product meets the design spec, with a high level of quality and detail.
6. Request material needs timely to ensure a continuous work flow.
7. Follows all department safety guidelines and ensure proper usage of tools and personal protection equipment.
8. Other duties as assigned but not covered herein.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. High School Diploma, or GED. Trade schooling related to cabinetry or other relevant craftsmanship a plus.
2. 6 years Cabinetry experience, preferably in the corporate aviation completion environment or 5 years of demonstrated experience working with faux finish.
3. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
4. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Strong knowledge and expertise with all aspects of the cabinet finish process.
2. Knowledge of the RSM and FAA requirements as it relates to the Cabinet Build, Finish or aircraft completions/modifications.
3. Working knowledge of computers and related software utilized by Comlux.
4. Working knowledge of lean or other continuous improvement opportunity techniques.
5. Ability to communicate in an assertive yet professional, motivating and tactful manner.