Finisher Temp-Hire 2nd shift
Meggitt Defense Systems, Inc (Meggitt Baltimore, Inc.) Meggitt Defense Systems, Inc (Meggitt Baltimore, Inc.)
- Job Type
- Job Classification
Mid-Career (2 - 15 years)
High School Diploma or GED
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
Following well defined procedures and with normal supervision, performs functions related to applying standard finishes to both production and prototype machine parts. Must be available to work overtime and occasional Saturdays.
* Works under direction from supervisor to utilize blueprints and process sheets to implement painting processes, applications and techniques where tolerances are measured in terms of thickness and are moderately difficult to meet.
* Assists in determining the type of finish, quantity and color to be utilized in conformance with military specifications as well as selecting the proper method, equipment and tools to complete task.
* Ensures proper surface masking and preparation, mixing epoxies and solvents to appropriate ratios by weight, volume or viscosity
* Mixes and applies a wide variety of paint finishes such as acrylic, enamel, lacquer, duco, wrinkle and both urethane and plastic-based products to specific colors, consistencies and viscosities requiring a moderate knowledge and understanding of their qualities in order to achieve desired effect.
* Assists in testing drying, curing and baking times for unusual finishes. Adjusts temperatures according to atmospheric conditions, finish requirements and experimental bake times.
* Regulates spray gun and ventilates spray booth according to temperature and humidity requirements. Assists in calculating requirements if methods are being tested.
* May assist in utilizing a silk-screening method transferring images from screen to metal using various techniques and a variety of mixed inks. Pays close attention to controlling atmospheric impact to ensure quality graphics transfer.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years experience in a manufacturing paint shop.
Baltimore, Maryland, United States