This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION* Understands that SAFETY comes first and is directly related to productivity.
* Must be willing to participate in incident reviews, notifies leads / converting manager / supervisors of safety problems and enters notification/s into SAP system.
* Complies with all company and department safety, training, quality, productivity and security procedures.
* Ensures accuracy in recording of operator documentation involving all aspects of the assigned machine. This includes production reports, specification verification, quality requirements (written and database), machine logbooks, checklists and SAP.
* Monitor for inefficient operation and makes minor adjustments as necessary and/or notifies and assists (as needed) the gluer operator in resolution of such issues.
* Understands glue monitoring and control systems on the case packer (including some minor gluer machine controls).
* Understands and participates in the Standard Work system and takes full ownership of working environment.
* Will show up for work 15 minutes prior to shift start time (6:45 AM/PM) to participate in shift meeting, unless otherwise directed by supervisor or converting manager.
* Responsible for communicating through the gluer operator/leads / manager / supervisor to printing / cutting operators regarding quality issues with the printed and/or cut material.
* Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or converting manager.
* Will assist in breaking out operators as needed. Understands and monitors the quality of product being produced and maintains per requirements.
* Participates in lean manufacturing teams and contributes to the overall process improvement in a cross functional basis.
* Ability to enter information into SAP, parts logs and utilize ei3 system.
* Must be willing to complete all training required / pass task evaluations / document training / maintain certification
* Understands company core values and participates in culture team / company-community projects / LEAN events.
* Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships and Teamwork.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE: (Not mandatory but helpful)
* Ability to lift 50 pounds
* Work experience in manufacturing environment
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
* Strong mathematical skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Highly motivated, self-starter
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
* High school diploma or equivalent GED
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.