Finite Element Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Gore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Our diverse portfolio includes everything from high-performance fabrics and implantable medical devices to industrial manufacturing components and aerospace electronics. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries for more than 50 years. What can you change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
Gore Medical Products has provided creative therapeutic solutions to complex medical problems for 35 years, saving and improving the quality of lives worldwide. As a leading manufacturer of vascular grafts, endovascular and interventional devices, surgical meshes for hernia repair, and sutures, we are looking for an Engineering Analyst--Finite Element Analysis to (FEA) join our Computational Analysis team in Flagstaff, AZ.
Just 150 miles north of Phoenix and 80 miles south of the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff is an ideal place to join Gore and change. Surrounded by pine forests and mountains, Flagstaff offers natural beauty, small-town charm, a vibrant educational community, and a diverse culture. Outdoor enthusiasts enjoy all four seasons here, with 300 days of sunshine and a variety of recreational activities. A major employer in Arizona's growing bioscience sector, Gore has led Flagstaff's growth in medical-device jobs since 1975.
If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, we're looking for you. In this role, your work will have a direct impact on the quality and integrity of our medical devices. You will provide analytical support in the areas of medical product design, optimization, and new product development.
The ideal candidate will:
* Be passionate about establishing new cutting-edge analysis procedures and developing advanced modeling and analysis techniques for a variety of problems
* Be energized by working for a world-class medical device manufacturer and collaborating on cross-functional teams
* Recognize the importance of building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships
* Classical and finite element stress/strain analysis
* Fatigue analysis
* Implicit and explicit analyses
* Solid modeling
* Verifying and validating analyses
* Performing process automation and optimization
* Performing other analytical procedures that will assist in the application, design, and manufacture of medical products
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* Masters degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering
* Experience in Finite Element Analysis
* Knowledge of Abaqus
* Fast learner
* Ability and willingness to work on a small team
* Excellent communication skills to interface with internal customers on analysis assumptions, techniques, and output data
* Ability to travel up to 5%
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* Medical experience
* Experience running Fluid-structure Interaction analyses
Candidates must be "U.S. persons" as that term is defined in 8 USC 1324b(a)(3). The term "U.S. Persons" includes resident aliens ("green-card" holders) as well as certain refugees, asylum-holders, and residents qualifying for temporary residence under the terms of 8 USC 1255a.
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the US. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)
KEYWORDS: Gore, job, Flagstaff, AZ, Arizona, engineer, mechanical, civil, analyst, finite element, analysis, solid modeling, modeling, stress, strain, classical, fatigue, dynamic, medical, device, product, manufacturing, design, development