Fire Alarm Lead Technicican
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
IES Holdings, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
The Fire Alarm Lead/ Technician II installs, troubleshoots, repairs and configures various types of fire alarm systems. Responds to customer service calls in a timely and efficient manner, troubleshoots and repairs as needed. Performs service tasks required to fulfill service requirements for time and material, emergency service, and test and inspect contractual agreements. Completes necessary documentation in accordance to the companies Service guidelines. Communicates with central dispatch on current work order status and receives updates on outstanding customer issues on a daily basis following the Service process. Participates in after- hours service program. Assists on installation projects during non-utilized time.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage time effectively in scheduling and performing service calls.
* Present a positive demeanor to the customer and company employees.
* Troubleshooting and repair/replacement of system wiring, field devices, and head end components.
* Use as necessary and with precision, such tools as red-lined drawings, manufacturer system schematics/manuals, digital or analog multimeter, toner/wand, system computers, and/or company provided notebook computer.
* Provide exceptional workmanship at levels (organization, detail, neatness and quality).
* Process all paperwork in a timely manor
* Provide legendary customer support and training.
* Maintain a neat and clean service vehicle and up to date vehicle trip logs.
* Other responsibilities as assigned.
* Adhere to and participate in all company quality, safety standards and regulations.
Basic Hand Tools: screwdriver all sizes (regular and Phillips,), drywall saw, torpedo level, tape measure, snips (with belt sheath), pliers (adjustable, needle nose, lineman), hammer, cable stripper, insulated crimping tool, flashlight and gloves. Multimeter, butt-set, toner/wand, coax compression and/or hex crimp tool.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* Must possess critical thinking skills as well the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
* Must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
* Must have proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other service documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
* Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
* Must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds
* Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, and present a professional image.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
* Work history must contain minimum five (3 - 5) years of experience in fire alarm industry.
* Must be highly competent with a computer, knowledge of RS232, RS485, Ethernet, TCP/IP protocols, and be able comprehend software programs for the required systems.
* NICET Certification or CSA beneficial.
* Must be able to pass a background check for an Alarm Agent License or have a current Alarm Agent License.
* Must possess system certifications from various manufacturers. IES is a Strategic Partner for the Edwards/UTC product line and various special systems.
* Must have a clean driving record and meet company minimum driving standards.
* Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency, Associates degree preferred.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES s 2015 fiscal year ending September 30, 2015, IES produced over $574 million in revenue and employed close to 3,000 employees at over 60 locations across the United States.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
* Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
* Safety is Priority One and our record shows it
* Competitive Pay
* Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
* Company Paid Time Off
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
* Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
* Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
* Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. \\"EEO is the Law\\" poster | \\"EEO is the Law\\" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify