Fire Alarm Service Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Fire Alarm Service Technician SimplexGrinnell
About the role
* Diagnose problems and perform service and repairs on electronic fire alarm systems and other related building system products at customer sites, including, but not limited to Access Control, Nurse Call and Paging Systems.
* Exhibit excellent customer service skills by consistently communicating with district staff and customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Service, troubleshoot and install many different manufacturers Life Safety Systems
* Participation in a scheduled On-call rotation
* Perform administrative duties to include, completing service acknowledgements, safety documentation, weekly vehicle maintenance reports and various other duties as required.
* Help to train or mentor others on the service tam
* Perform other duties as assigned
Rewards and benefits
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who were looking for:
* 5 Years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems, including Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control, Intrusion, Nurse Call and Paging Systems
* Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer needs
* Retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local Codes including, but not limited to Fire Alarm Systems NICET Level II certification for all Fire Alarm technicians
* Maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs
* Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer and commissioning devices
* Associates Degree in Technical Field or equivalent required.
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
* Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs. Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 60 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
* Demonstrate a high level of customer service