Fire Alarm Service Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 3/21/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONA world of opportunity awaits you
FIRE ALARM SERVICE TECHNICIAN
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have talented Installation and Service
Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
About the role:
* Receive service calls from Service Resource Center, including a brief description of equipment/system malfunctions.
* Responsible to contact customer representative and ascertain equipment/systems problems.
* Diagnose problems and perform service and repairs on electronic fire alarm systems and other related building system products at customer sites.
* Follow prescribed troubleshooting procedures and refer to technical manuals, part manuals, change notices and bulletins, modification notices, etc. to repair equipment.
* Service, troubleshoot, and install many different manufacturers Fire & Life Safety systems including SimplexGrinnell.
* Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
* Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices, such as smart phones and laptop computers.
Who were looking for:
* 5 years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems, including Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control, Nurse Call, and Paging systems.
* Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
* Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
* Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
* Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc
* Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
* Overnight travel may be required.
* Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
* Maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs.
* Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
* Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
* Possess a valid drivers license and driving record that meets company requirements.
* Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
* Retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
* NICET Level II certification.
* Completion of SimplexGrinnell 4120 Network training within 12 months
Tycos mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect the places where people live and work. Our products and solutions help to protect:
* 80% of the worlds top 200 retailers
* More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
* 90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
* 300 international airports
* 100 major stadiums around the world
* Most of the Fortune 500
* 50% of US universities
* Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
Rewards and benefits:
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
A world of opportunity awaits you at http://www.tyco.com/careers
Job: Installation & Service
Primary Location: United States-Central Kansas Area (work remotely)
Shift: Day Job