Fire Alarm Service Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 1/4/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
High Point, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
In this position you will service, program, and troubleshoot a wide variety of electronic life safety systems including: fire alarm, nurse call, access control, CCTV, etc. You will work closely with the Fire Alarm Service Supervisor and the Service A&D dispatcher/coordinator for the electronic business. You will be responsible for servicing the calls assigned to you, requesting repair parts, and the correct paperwork necessary for the completion of your duties.
* Service a variety of Life Safety electronic equipment from various manufacturers.
* Be timely in your attendance at work and for on-call/after-hours duties.
* Perform a wide variety of duties including attending training classes when available.
* Backup other technicians for overflow calls
* Complete the necessary actions to arrive, depart, and debrief your service calls in real time.
* Work safely at elevated levels using the appropriate PPE
* Be able to lift 40lbs.
* Assist customers with any and all questions and/or concerns while on the job.
* High school diploma or GED certificate
* Valid and acceptable NC state driver's license
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Ability to work safely and independently with minimal direction
* Excellent phone skills and strong interaction skills with customers
* Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
* Experience in the following systems: Fire Alarm, Access Control, Security, CCTV (preferably Simplex, Radionics, Ademco, Notifier, Silent Knight, EST)
* 2 years field experience
* NICET Certification Preferred
* Ability to obtain a NC ASLB certification