Fire Alarm Service Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 5/6/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONA WORLD OF OPPORTUNITY AWAITS YOU
FIRE ALARM TECHNICIAN
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
* Diagnose problems and perform service and repairs on electronic fire alarm systems and other related building system products at customer sites, including, but not limited to Access Control, Nurse Call and Paging Systems.
* Exhibit excellent customer service skills by consistently communicating with district staff and customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Service, troubleshoot and install many different manufacturers Life Safety Systems
* Participation in a scheduled On-call rotation
* Perform administrative duties to include, completing service acknowledgements, safety documentation, weekly vehicle maintenance reports and various other duties as required.
* Help to train or mentor others on the service tam
* Perform other duties as assigned
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
* 5 Years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems, including Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control, Intrusion, Nurse Call and Paging Systems
* Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer needs
* Retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local Codes including, but not limited to Fire Alarm Systems NICET Level II certification for all Fire Alarm technicians
* Maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs
* Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer and commissioning devices
* Associates Degree in Technical Field or equivalent required.
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
* Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs. Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 60 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
* Demonstrate a high level of customer service
Tycos mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect the places where people live and work. Our products and solutions help to protect:
* 80% of the worlds top 200 retailers
* More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
* 90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
* 300 international airports
* 100 major stadiums around the world
* Most of the Fortune 500
* 50% of US universities
* Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
REWARDS AND BENEFITS:
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
JOB: Installation & Service