Fire Alarm Service Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Fire Alarm Service Technician
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best. This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
About the role:
* Perform service and new installation commissioning activities on fire alarm, access control, CCTV, intrusion alarm and intercom systems.
* Supervise and inspect the installation of equipment to meet customer expectations and manufacturer specifications.
* Field coordination and communication, system programming, commissioning, AHJ testing and training on new system installations.
* Evaluate and diagnose equipment that requires servicing as well as troubleshooting potential field wiring problems.
* Provide specific solutions and recommendations to customers on the most efficient and cost effective method in restoring a specific system back to normal condition.
* Manage assigned Electronic Systems service calls in regards to field labor hours estimated.
* Prepare reports on daily activities.
* May be required to work overtime.
* Will be required to perform "on call" duty (24 hour) as part of a rotating schedule to respond to emergency situations.
* Read and understand complicated blueprints, diagrams, schematics, submittals, software/system programs, and operation/product manuals.
* Required to lift and or carry equipment and tools, which may be over forty (40) pounds. Working environment may involve climbing ladders and scaffoldings with equipment, upwards to forty (40) feet. Capable of working in cramped workspaces such as ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
* Must adhere to all OSHA and SimplexGrinnell safety policies and procedures.
* Complete mileage and monthly vehicle reports in a timely manner.
* Learn to maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customers need.
* Ensure that all assigned service calls are completed and have achieved 100% customer satisfaction.
* All work performed whenever possible should be reviewed with the customer.
* Complete Service Acknowledgment with proper coding through communicating devices and hardcopy.
* Obtain customer signature after completed service call.
Who we're looking for:
* 6-8 years experience with installation and service of fire alarm, access control, CCTV, intrusion and intercom systems.
* Demonstrate working knowledge of electricity and electronics.
* In addition, demonstrate an aptitude for troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs.
* Ability to effectively work independently.
* Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
* The field technician will work in unusual and often difficult positions such as climbing ladders, working off of scaffolding and high lift equipment, working within ducts, crawl spaces and above ceilings, etc. Must comply with safety guidelines at all times.
* Minimum high school/trade school graduate, military, or two year Associate degree in a technical field involving electronics or computers.
* Ability to use hand and power tools and test equipment such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices as required.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to read and understand complex building architectural, mechanical and electrical documents, as well as project plans, specifications, schedules and equipment installation/operation/troubleshooting manuals.
* NICET Level II certification in Fire Alarm desired.
* A valid driver's license with a good driving record is required.
* Drug test and Security and Background check is required.
Tycos mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect the places where people live and work. Our products and solutions help to protect:
* 80% of the worlds top 200 retailers
* More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
* 90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
* 300 international airports
* 100 major stadiums around the world
* Most of the Fortune 500
* 50% of US universities
* Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
Rewards and benefits:
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.