Fire Alarm Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
IES Holdings, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
IES is seeking Fire Alarm Technicians in Frederick, MD:
Performs all electrical tasks with minimal supervision. Possesses valid Journeyman s
license where required. Proceeds with work from plans and specifications, has
knowledge of all electrical equipment and major tools. Demonstrates safe working
habits and proper care of tools and equipment specific to fire alarm division.
* Reports to assigned job site on time and ready to work.
* Clearly understands and complies to Company/Job Safety Requirements (O.S.H.A.)
* Clearly understands and complies with Company Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
* Lays out, schedule, builds and assists Foreman in daily functions.
* Plans and organizes tasks in order to meet task deadlines.
* Properly and effectively performs any task related to electrical construction.
* Monitors work in progress.
* Possesses a thorough knowledge of electrical theory, mathematics, electrical construction and maintenance methods.
* Safely uses and instructs proper use of all hand and power tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned tasks, to include cutters, benders, pulling machine, drills, saws, high voltage tester, Multimeter, Amp probe, hammer drills, knock out punches, and all tools and equipment
* Accurately reads labels, job site maps/directions, instruction manuals and written instructions.
* Checks on company equipment and tools to ensure safe and efficient operation and report faulty equipment.
* Submits timely reports as directed.
* Maintains a safe working environment and identifies potential hazards.
* Acquires/maintains personal hand tools as directed.
* Performs all other duties as assigned..
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES s 2015 fiscal year ending September 30, 2015, IES produced over $574 million in revenue and employed close to 3,000 employees at over 60 locations across the United States.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
* Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
* Safety is Priority One and our record shows it
* Competitive Pay
* Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
* Company Paid Time Off
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
* Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
* Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
* Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS. NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law -EEO is the Law poster & EEO is the Law poster supplement, on the following URLs :
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify