Fire Alarm and Life Safety System Service Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
About the role:
* Diagnose problems and perform service and repairs on electronic fire alarm systems and other related building system products at customer sites.
* Service and troubleshoot Fire & Life Safety systems including SimplexGrinnell and other manufacturers.
* Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, etc...
* Exhibit superior customer service skills by consistently communicating with the district staff and customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices such as smart phones and laptop computers.
* Obtain customer signature upon completed service call assignment.
* Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation.
* Train and mentor junior members of service team.
* Retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
Who we are looking for:
* Experience in low voltage electrical systems, including Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control and CCTV systems.
* Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, fiber optic scopes, and hand tools.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
* Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
* Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc
* Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
* Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
* Maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs.
* Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
* Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
* Possess a valid drivers license and driving record that meets company requirements.
* NICET Level II or higher certification.
Rewards and benefits:
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
For Additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter