Fire Alarm and Life Safety Systems Installer - SimplexGrinnell
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
Santa Fe Springs, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Fire Alarm and Life Safety Systems Installer III - SimplexGrinnell - Los Angeles, CA
About the role
* Install, program, configure, commission and service Fire Alarm and Fire Suppression Systems including but not limited to, Simplex, Inergen, Sapphire, FM-200, and CO2 as well as other related building system products at customer sites.
* Execute projects on time and within allocated installation hours. Work with the project manager to resolve all discrepancies, and coordination problems that impair installation activities. Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Read and interpret complicated blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
* Exhibit excellent customer service skills by consistently communicating with the district staff and customers to ensure customer satisfaction. Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation.
Rewards and benefits
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who were looking for
* 7-10 years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems, including Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control, Nurse Call, and Paging systems.
* Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals. Experience with hand tools test equipment, multi-meter usage, digital analyzer and commissioning devices.
* Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
* Overnight travel may be required.
* NICET Level II certification. Completion of SimplexGrinnell 4120 Network training within 12 months.