Fire Design Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 3/15/2017
Evergreen Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Duties and Functions:
* Design fire and mass notification projects, review CAD drawings, review bid, and final cut build-outs for accuracy and completeness.
* Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research; applying knowledge of the system and their capabilities to meet Federal, State, and local regulations, code, and specifications.
* Confirms system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
* Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
* Completes projects by training and guiding System Engineers, Technicians, and/or Project Managers through the design.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; attending system certification courses;
* Maintain a library of and stay current with all applicable regulations, codes, and specifications.
* Ability to multi-task several projects while still ensuring accuracy and efficiency.
* Occasionally author and review estimates for EFS.
* Provide pre-design bill of materials to Estimators.
* May work with peer groups to ensure collaborative partnerships by working together as it relates to the development, writing, and finalizing of competitive proposals.
* May be required to travel to assigned job sites to ensure company compliance, proposal delivery and customer satisfaction; Conduct in-depth site surveys.
* Provide status reports as required by the Engineering Department Manager or Supervisor.
* Ensure that the Project Manager understands the technical solutions sold. Provides all documentation and specification related details.
* Assist Business Development in presenting technical security and integration solutions to the customer.
* Ensure accurate utilization of Evergreens standardized tools and software.
Evergreen Fire and Security is a recognized leader in electronic security and life safety solutions with a strong history of successful past performance for both the Federal Government and Commercial markets. We have successfully built on this foundation - expanding our services to the design, installation, maintenance, service, and administration of fire alarm, mass notification, intrusion detection, access control, and CCTV Systems to project sites worldwide. Our team's commitment to the highest level of service for our customers is at the forefront of our way of doing business, and our ability to recruit, train and retain the best staff has allowed us to deliver a level of service that is unmatched in the industry.
This position will be responsible for the overall design and estimating tasks in compliance with Evergreen Fire and Security (EFS) standards and contract requirements. The Fire Estimator is primarily responsible for all design/estimating work for Fire Systems prior to acceptance by the customer and transfer of responsibility to a Project Manager. The Fire Estimator will consult with customers, vendors and management to review project needs, author estimates, determine project timeframe and funding limitations. This job is located in Tacoma, Washington.
Experience and Skills:
* 5+ years of related experience in Fire Alarm/Life Safety Systems
* Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
* Good communication skills to interface with customers and team members
* Able to call and schedule appointments, follow instructions and code requirements
* Attention to detail
* Ability to work autonomously
* Ability to work well with others and come to work with a positive attitude
* Valid driver's license and proof of minimum liability insurance
* Able to meet Evergreen's standard of a clean driving record
* Pass pre-employment background, federal-class drug, financial credit check and MVR screening and participate in the company's random screening process.
Strongly prefer NICET II or III certification in fire alarm systems or equivalent industry experience.
Experience with EST and Silent Knight fire alarm systems
Experience/understanding of mass notification, UFC and government regulations.
Benefits for Tomorrow
* Paid Vacation time (Accrual begins on date of hire; eligibility effective following 90 days of active employment)
* 7 Paid Holidays
* Life, Accident Death and Dismemberment, and Disability Insurance
* Evergreen Fire Alarms will make Safe Harbor matching contributions in the amount of 100% of the first 3% and 50% of the next 2% of participant contributions for the 2015 calendar year. You will be 100% vested in the Safe Harbor contribution.
Health and Welfare Benefits
* Group Health Plan
* Dental Benefit
* Vision Benefit
Employer Assistance Program (EAP)*
* Coverages for Employee such as Financial Planning, Counseling, Supervisor Assistance, and much more.
* Benefits Advocates
* Dedicated staff of advocates to help with everything from coverage, to billing to prescription medication
* Evergreen Fire and Security Corporate Perks, where you can save money on computers, restaurants, cell phones and much more just by being an employee of Evergreen.
Evergreen Fire and Security is a nationwide fire and security company. Evergreen Fire and Security is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or accommodation during the application process please call 253-627-3794 and ask for Human Resources or email HR@evergreenfire.com