Fire Protection Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 1/10/2017
Hilti North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONFIRE PROTECTION ENGINEER REFERENCE-NO:117008
Posted On: 01/28/2016 (All day)
For our team at Hilti in Irving we are looking for a
This position is responsible for providing technical service and sound engineering judgments regarding the use of Hilti Firestop products.
* Provide technical sales support through telephone and email related business
* Create engineering judgments for customers to solve field problems
* Meet assigned deadlines for project assignments
* Remain current in the knowledge of building codes relative to the application of Hilti Firestop products
* Understand and apply approvals and listings for Hilti products correctly in verbal and written communication with customers
* Provide engineering support through the composition of letters regarding the application of Hilti products for external customers
* Provide Fire Protection Specialists with corporate support and relevant product information
* Support Chemicals Business Unit with introduction of new products/innovations (technical review of documents)
* Present training materials to internal and external customers
* Assure internal and external customers receive quality answers to technical inquiries regarding the use and/or application of Hilti Firestop products
* Research existing fire data to create engineering judgments/recommendations for field applications that are not tested
* Complete smaller projects (e.g. presentations, web development, small testing projects, etc.) in order to help support the activities of Hilti Fire Protection Specialists and sales personnel
* Protect Hilti from liability exposure through utilization of sound engineering practices
* Bachelor s Degree in Fire Protection Engineering or Technology
* Ability to communicate effectively with customers, engineers, and architects through verbal and written response
* Ability to organize and utilize large amounts of reference information both in hard-copy and electronic files
* Ability to identify, analyze, and solve technical problems
* Ability to function effectively on teams
* Ability to verbally present technical information to small and large groups
* Aptitude to read and understand blueprints, construction specifications, and documents
* Ability to effectively use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* After completion of assignment, next position may require relocation
We look forward to receiving your application.