Fire Safety Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Universal Protection Services LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title
FIRE SAFETY DIRECTOR
Are you looking for a growing company with great benefits and future opportunities* Allied Universal, North America's leading security services provider, is experiencing tremendous growth. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401K, an anniversary bonus, and an on-the-spot recognition program. We promote from within our company! You can start with little, to no, security experience and become one of Allied Universal's many success stories.
We are currently looking for a Fire Safety Director to staff a Corporate location in Manhattan, New York. Available shift is Monday thru Friday 5:00 PM to 11:30 PM and Saturday 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM. This position has 7 Hours and 30 Minutes Overtime built in. Qualified applicants must be able to work all 6 days. The salary for this position is $17.00 hourly and the Overtime rate is $25.50 Hourly. The pay period for this position is weekly.
If you're passionate about keeping people safe, have a great work ethic, and are dependable, then we want to talk to you.
We proudly support the Veterans Jobs Mission, a group of leading U.S. companies whose goal is to collectively hiring a total of one million military Veterans.
Allied Universal is currently looking to hire a Fire Safety Director. The primary mission of the Fire Safety Director is to protect life and property through the implementation of the building's fire safety plan including the management of the Fire Command Station and the supervision of the fire brigade, floor wardens, and deputy floor wardens and building evacuation supervisors.
The successful Fire Safety Director candidate is required to act as a liaison to the NYC Fire Department during emergencies.
Expected skills and competencies necessary to perform duties include, but are not limited to:
* Ensure that all life safety systems and related equipment are fully functional.
* Ensure that all floors have fire safety teams including Fire Wardens, Deputy Fire Wardens, and Building Evacuation Team members.
* Conduct fire alarm drills and maintain a written log of critiques to identify potential or actual weaknesses in response time or life safety systems and related equipment.
* Providing clear direction, information and assistance to client visitors, guests, vendors and employees in a professional, pleasant and courteous fashion on a regular basis and during emergency situations.
* Assist the building security staff in the visual inspection of all visitor, vendor and employee access badges/identification cards to verify that the authorized holder is the individual presenting the badge/id card to prevent unauthorized access to the property.
* Maintain surveillance and reporting of any suspicious persons and/or packages.
* Perform CPR/AED and basic first aid if required.
Qualified applicants for the Fire Safety Director will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Must be atleast 18 years of age
* Able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
* Able to provide evidence of a criminal & drug free record
* Have reliable transportation to work assignment
* Able to be contacted by home phone, cell phone, or pager
* Able to work under psychologically stressful conditions
* Be willing to submit to a drug test for illegal drugs
* All positions require night, shift, and weekend work
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Northeast - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days