Fire Sprinkler Service Sales Executive 9/9/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Responsibilities of a Sprinkler Service Sales Representative include: Professionally representing the company, promoting and selling Fire Sprinkler services and small Fire Sprinkler installation projects or remodels to contractors and end users within an assigned territory and accounts. Will establish contact with prospects and qualify potential buyers of new construction and service work by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads, and utilizing outlined marketing strategies. Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company service offerings. Estimate small installation and remodel projects including day-works as required. Close sufficient sales to exceed sales plan objectives. Must be able to build new business associations / relationships and grow the sprinkler service business by developing a positive ongoing relationship with customers.
* 2 years Sales experience (in a similar industry preferred.)
* Previous sprinkler design experience, including estimating and performing hydraulic calculations preferred.
* Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed.
* Proven ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
* Technical knowledge of sprinkler systems preferred.
* Must be familiar with reading blueprints, understanding current NFPA 13 standards and local codes.
* Exceptional presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to multi-task and organize work.
* Proficient in the use of personal computers to include operating systems such as Windows and Oracle systems.
* Possess a valid drivers license and acceptable driving record.
* Ability & willingness to work as a team player, must be able to work well with others.
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment background and drug screen.