Fire Sprinkler Systems Sales Executive 9/1/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SimplexGrinnell is a global leader in life safety and property protection. We serve over one million customers in the United States, providing a comprehensive array of fire alarm, fire sprinkler, fire suppression, integrated security, sound and communications, and nurse call systems and services. We deliver our industry-leading solutions in buildings and environments where life safety protection is absolutely vital from schools, universities and hospitals to commercial properties, industrial buildings, and government facilities. In everything we do, SimplexGrinnell strives to keep people and property safe.
Responsibilities of a Fire Sprinkler Systems Sales Representative include professionally representing the company, promoting and selling Fire Sprinkler installation projects or remodels to General Contractors and end users within an assigned territory. Will establish contact with prospects and qualify potential buyers of new construction work by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads, and utilizing outlined marketing strategies. Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company service offerings. Estimate ground up installation and remodel projects including day-works as required. Close sufficient sales to exceed sales plan objectives. Must be able to build new business associations / relationships and grow the sprinkler service business by developing a positive ongoing relationship with customers.
* Technical knowledge of sprinkler systems
* Fire sprinkler experience with design layouts (design, installation, or fitter background) including estimating and performing hydraulic calculations, OR current technical sales in the fire sprinkler or ancillary industry. Ancillary industry experience considered with suppression system/gas skills to meet needs to calculate and meet codes (water flow).
* Desire/aptitude for sales, 5 years sales experience (in the sprinkler or a similar industry) preferred
* Must be familiar with reading blueprints, understanding current NFPA 13 standards and local codes
* Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed
* Proven ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
* Exceptional presentation, verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to multi-task and organize work
* Proficient in the use of personal computers to include operating systems such as Windows and Oracle systems
* Possess a valid drivers license and acceptable driving record REQUIRED
* Ability & willingness to work as a team player, must be able to work well with others
* Must pass a pre-employment background and drug screen