Fire Systems Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Universal Protection Services LLC
Burns Harbor, IN
FIRE SYSTEMS ASSISTANT
Are you looking for a growing company with great benefits and future opportunities* Allied Universal, North America\'s leading security services provider, is experiencing tremendous growth. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401K, an anniversary bonus, and an on-the-spot recognition program. We promote from within our company! You can start with little, to no, security experience and become one of Allied Universal\'s many success stories.
Allied Universal is currently looking to hire a Fire Systems Assistant. The primary mission of the Fire Systems Assistant is to protect life and property through the implementation of the building's fire safety plan.
The Fire Systems Assistant shall take direction from and be responsible for assisting the ArcelorMittal fire systems specialists in the performance of inspection, testing, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of:
* Central station and associated proprietary alarm circuits.
* Fixed fire detection and suppression systems of all types, including associated fire alarm control panels.
* Fire pumps, and controllers.
* Fire hydrants and associated valves.
* Fire hose reels
* Fire department connections.
* Preparation and document control of reports relating to the activities of the fire systems specialists and assistant.
* Assist in the provision of training to emergency services personnel in regards to normal fire systems operations, and emergency response activities in the event of system activation.
Qualified applicants for the Fire Systems Assistant will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree with major study in electrical, mechanical, or electronics field preferred
* Formal technical school or college training in electrical, mechanical and electronics fields preferred
* Previous experience in blueprint reading, knowledge of basic plumbing and pipe fitting, must have verifiable mechanical and electrical aptitudes required
* Good comprehension of fire alarm and suppression systems
* Ability to interact well with employees in other departments
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
* Able to provide evidence of a criminal & drug free record
* Have reliable transportation to work assignment
* Able to be contacted by home phone, cell phone, or pager
* Able to work under psychologically stressful conditions
* Be willing to submit to a drug test for illegal drugs
* All positions require night, shift, and weekend work
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Midwest - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days