Fire and Life Safety System Service Technician 8/27/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
FIRE & LIFE SAFETY SERVICE TECHNICIAN SIMPLEXGRINNELL - RANCHO CUCAMONGA
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have talented Fire Protection specialists on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE
* Service Technicians respond to calls from Service Resource Center.
* Contact customer representative and ascertain equipment/systems problems.
* Diagnose problems and perform service and repairs on electronic fire alarm systems and other related building system products at customer sites. Follow prescribed troubleshooting procedures and refer to technical manuals, part manuals, change notices and bulletins/ modification notices.
* Service, troubleshoot and install many different manufacturers Fire & Life Safety systems including SimplexGrinnell. Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
* Obtain customer signature upon completed service call assignment. Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation. Perform other duties as assigned.
Rewards and benefits:
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* 3-5 years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems, including Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control, Nurse Call, and Paging systems.
* Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals. Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
* Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
* Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements. Overnight travel may be required.
* Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
* Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times. Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn
* Retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
* NICET Level II certification preferred.
* Completion of SimplexGrinnell Basic Fire Alarm & 4100ES training within 12 months