Fire and Life Safety Systems Service Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 1/24/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
About the role:
Alarm Service Technicians Receive service calls from Service Resource Center, including a brief description of equipment/system malfunctions. Responsible to contact customer representative and ascertain equipment/systems problems. Diagnose hardware problems and perform service and repairs on electronic fire alarm systems and other related building system products at customer sites. Follow prescribed troubleshooting procedures and refer to technical manuals, part manuals, change notices and bulletins, modification notices, etc. in order to diagnose and repair equipment. Service, troubleshoot and install many different manufacturers Fire & Life Safety systems including SimplexGrinnell. Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics, and operational product manuals. Exhibit effective customer service skills by consistently communicating with the district staff and customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction. Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices such as smart phones and laptop computers. Obtain customer signature upon completed service call assignment. Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation. Perform other duties as assigned.
Who we are looking for:
* 1-3 years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems.
* 2 Year Electronics Degree or equivalent required.
* Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
* Experience with hand tools and multi-meter usage.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
* Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
* Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc
* Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
* Overnight travel may be required.
* Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
* Ability to work well with team members and willingness to follow instructions.
* Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
* Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
* Possess a valid drivers license and driving record that meets company requirements.
* Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
* Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
* Achieve NICET Level II certification within 12 months.
Rewards and benefits:
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
For Additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter