Firmware Engineer-Motor Controls
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) is one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Stanley Black and Decker s 2015 Revenue was 11.2B and our Global Tools & Storage division is responsible for $7.1B of SBD annual revenue. Global Tools and Storage is currently seeking candidates for a Firmware Engineer based in Towson, MD.
(Key results expected from this position in the first 6-12 months)
* Develop software algorithms that satisfy end user needs
* Implement these algorithms into robust code as a member of a project team
* Communicate our Microprocessor requirements to suppliers to insure optimum parts are available
* Member of a cross-functional product development team responsible for designing electronics and embedded controls for brushless products
* Maintain focus on speed, quality and cost while developing embedded controls/electronic designs for brushless products
* Effectively utilize development systems and emulators to insure design integrity
* Effectively assign and supervise lab support to evaluate designs
* Effectively communicate status of active programs
(Minimum education and experience required and key personal characteristics)
* BSEE required, MSEE a plus
* Three or more years of experience in research/product development of embedded systems (co-op experience preferred) in brushless motor systems
* Experience in Electronics design/Embedded Motor Control for a range of motors from brushed motors to 3 Phase motors.
* Experience and Knowledge in the following areas: Power electronic controls and components, Motor controls and feedback systems, Analog and digital electronics
* Knowledge of Design automation tools preferred
* Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
* Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
* Very creative/innovative
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.