This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
In this unique position you will function as a systems firmware engineer in the Wireless Connectivity Combo group developing coexistence technologies for multiple colocated radio systems, such as WLAN, Bluetooth and LTE. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
* Participate in architectural design related to coexistence solutions by working closely with various teams, such as PHY, ASIC, and different systems/firmware/software teams.
* Design and implement coexistence algorithms in embedded firmware to provide the best performance in the industry.-
* Verify coexistence-related ASIC/hardware blocks before chip tape-out..
* Support chip bring-up after tape-out to ensure that coexistence functionality and interfaces work as expected.
* Debug and resolve coexistence issues reported by both internal testing teams and external customers.
* Support important customers on production milestones, demos and performance evaluation.
Qualifications and skills:
* Prefer to have a Master's degree in CS/EE/CE. A BS or PhD with strong interest and demonstrated capability in wireless connectivity will also be considered.
* Have solid understanding of 802.11 protocol, especially the MAC layer, and Bluetooth (both Classic and Low Energy) standard.
* C programming is a must. Assembly experience is highly desired. Scripting languages such as Perl and Python are a plus.
Skills and experiences in protocol/algorithm design in wireless systems are highly desired.
The work involves a lot of collaboration and interaction with other groups. Good communication skills and teamwork spirit are required.
IF YOU ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE USA, PLEASE BE SURE TO FILL OUT A HOME ADDRESS AS THIS WILL BE USED FOR FUTURE CORRESPONDENCE.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.