This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The Firmware Development Engineer will support Power Tool Product Connectivity initiatives.
* Deliver production firmware utilizing microcontroller and various RF technologies (BT, BLE, WiFi, RFID, etc.).
* Test, debug, monitor and document changes for firmware development.
* Proficiency with programming languages to include Assembly (such as 8051, ARM, etc), C/C++.
* Proficient with firmware design tools.
* Convert product feature concepts into workable prototypes.
* Work closely with other departments (Engineering, Marketing, IT, Branding, Industrial Design) to brainstorm and optimize deployments.
* Stay up-to-date with latest technologies and methods especially in the areas of connected products.
* Support multiple projects, as assigned, in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
* Bachelor s degree minimum in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
* 8-10 years of industry experience is required.
* Must be fluent in programming languages such as C, and C++.
* Must be versed in both analog and digital electrical engineering circuits employing ADC, SPI, I2C, UART, FLASH, EEPROM, Amplifiers, Comparators, sensors, etc.
* Must have experience with electronic test equipment such as power supplies, multimeters, and oscilloscopes.
* Strong skills in problem definition, root-cause debug, critical thinking, and solution delivery.
* Excellent communication skills which will support interaction with highly competent internal and external teams.
* Must be innovative, creative, hands-on, and self-motivated with the desire to exceed.
* Must possess both good group collaboration skills, and also able to focus and work independently.
* Some light domestic travel
* Experience with RF circuits and technology preferred
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.