This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The Firmware Engineer will support Power Tool Product Connectivity initiatives.
* Designs and develops power electronic embedded software algorithms and specifications for AC and DC controls for power tools, outdoor products and home products.
* Provides technical leadership in implementing new and breakthrough technologies in the power electronics connected product arena for the various product requirements.
* Provides technical leadership in implementing and validating software algorithms through test and simulation work.
* Provides leadership in working with outside suppliers to achieve cost effective systems while delivering the performance requirements that meet the schedule and quality objectives.
* Develops solutions for electronic system related issues as a member of a project team.
* Fosters and maintains a high level of integrity in all aspects of work.
* Assures that appropriate documentation is maintained for work performed.
* Delivers multiple projects of an increasing degree of technical complexity.
* Promotes cross functional teamwork.
* Provides leadership to subordinates, peers and project team, as required.
* Sets direction and works efficiently with internal and external customers.
* Effectively manages assigned personnel to maximize output.
* Ability to travel and interface with overseas electronic contract manufacturers, and provide technical direction to obtain quality electronics assemblies for tool production.
* BSEE (in Computer Science or Computer Engineering) or equivalent (4 years) from accredited electrical engineering college. Masters a plus in the embedded software field.
* Alternate - Core courses (AA equiv) in embedded software engineering discipline plus experience.
* 2+ years of on-the-job training required
* Proven ability to design and develop embedded electronic systems and circuits.
* Preferred experiences in electronics design/embedded motor control for a range of motors from brushed motors to 3 phase motors.
* Preferred experience and knowledge in motor controls and feedback systems.
* Ability to generate and evaluate creative ideas and inspire others to do so.
* Proven track record delivering projects of increasing complexity, scope and number.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills to influence the organization and to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
* Provides creative ideas and innovation to work processes
* Good problem solving/decision making ability
* Familiarity with design automation tools and computer systems and specific job-related software packages (e.g. compilers, debuggers, IDE etc)
* Familiarity with high volume electronics assembly and test
* Strong ability to work independently with little supervision and on a team
* Strong organization skills; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
* Very detailed-oriented
* Productively work in an engineering type environment
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.