Firmware Engineer for Safety Systems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Trimble Navigation Limited
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Trimble is recruiting for a Firmware Engineer for Safety Systems to fill an opportunity in Sunnyvale, CA (preferred) or Westminster, CO (optional).
Trimble has had semi-autonomous, self-steering vehicles and Autopilot product lines on the market for our customers in the agriculture space for over a decade. Safety compliance homologation is a critical activity due to changes in regulatory requirements. These changes will require a strong Firmware / Embedded software engineer with understanding or experience in safety systems to help bring product to market successfully.
* Functional safety assessment and system safety requirements development and tracking
* Development tool assessment and selection for safety-critical design tasks
* Safety compliant process development and project execution
* Lead and contribute to design reviews for development efforts significant in scope and spanning multiple components
* Lead development of systems, subsystems, component specifications, FMEAs, test plans and more
* Successful completion of multiple ECU safety compliance projects (inception to certification)
Skills & Experience Required:
* 8+ years of embedded software experience or equivalent experience in a directly applicable work environment (ie: safety systems)
* C/C++ Firmware design and development
* Knowledge of and experience with safety standards such as ISO61508, ISO13849, ISO25119 or ISO26262
* 4 year degree required, preferably in Engineering
* Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills
* Collaborative approach with firmware, hardware, mechanical and test engineers
* Strong attention to detail
* Highly self-motivated with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced design environment
* Understanding of and development experience with Electric / Controls Module Hardware requirements
* Experience developing or contributing to Hazard and Risk Assessment (HARA) documentation
* Documentation and unit testing for safety critical systems experience
* Ability to effectively work with existing software
* Ability to travel 10-30% (US Domestic and International)
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D