Firmwide Senior Records Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAuto req ID
Firmwide Senior Records Manager
Firm - New York
Morgan Lewis is seeking a Firmwide Senior Records Manager resident in either our Philadelphia, New York or Washington, DC office. This position reports to the Director of Information Governance.
This position is responsible for the daily operation of the firm s records centers and the physical records collection. The primary responsibilities of the Firmwide Senior Records Manager are to provide cost-effective management of physical records throughout the firm and assist with the firm s paper to digital initiative; in-depth knowledge of records management procedures and software applications is essential. The Firmwide Senior Records Manager must provide the firm with effective management and control of client files in all media formats. This includes ensuring that effective and consistent procedures are followed for the creation, maintenance, circulation, tracking, storage, retention, disposition, and protection of the firm s physical client file collections and to assist attorneys and administrative staff in client-related activities. Communication and training skills are also key to this role.
The incumbent of this job is responsible for managing 10+ subordinate managers and supervisors who supervise employees in the Information Governance department. He/she is also responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
* Oversees the Records Centers and physical records management function in all offices
* Assists all firm offices in establishing control and organization of physical records collection
* Directs activities related to the creation, location tracking, disposition (i.e. shredding or off-site storage) of client files
* Interacts with attorneys, administrators and staff at all levels
* Develops and maintains firm-wide Records Department policies, guidelines and procedures
* Implement and maintain consistent processes and workflow throughout all firm offices.
* Liaises with outside vendors (e.g. warehouse) during course of business and when problem resolution is needed
* Plans, develop, implement and enforce internal and external procedures to insure proper file maintenance.
* Allocates staff and resources to special projects
* Educates and trains new legal and non-legal staff on department procedures
* Assist with maintaining a Records Department organization structure that reflects the contemporary needs of the firm
* Leads by example; establishes clear expectations; sets direction and priorities; ensures that work levels are balanced among all staff; resolves internal staff issues in a timely manner; keeps staff informed of all appropriate information; builds effective team; delegates at appropriate level.
* Facilitates the development of staff by providing opportunities and support; provides timely feedback on work product; regularly coaches, evaluates, and recognizes staff performance and accomplishments.
* Establishes/adheres to Department budget; seeks opportunities to improve Department efficiency and reduce expenses by streamlining operations.
* Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following knowledge skills and abilities:
* Analytical ability
* Problem solving skills
* Project management skills
* Technical skills
* Research skills
* Interpersonal skills
* Customer service skills
* Excellent oral communication
* Database management experience
* Excellent written communication
* Leadership skills
* People management skills
* Strategic thinking
* Planning/organizational skills
* Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations, write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals, effectively present information, and respond to inquiries from clients and managers.
* Advanced arithmetic skills (compute rate, ratio, percent; able to draw and interpret graphs and charts)
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions
* Proficient in a proven records management system (Elite RM, IRM, LegalKey preferred), Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint, MS Access.
* Recommended but not required: CRM, IGP
* Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum 5 years directly related experience, including at least 3 years in a leadership role
Qualified candidates must apply online by visiting our website at www.morganlewis.com and selecting Careers.
Morgan Lewis is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.