First Shift Receiving Clerk
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
EBSCO Information Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview
YBP Library Services (YBP) provides print and digital content, supporting collection management and technical services to academic, research and special libraries throughout the world. YBP has 300 employees with customers in 63 countries and is headquartered in Contoocook, NH, USA. YBP is a division of EBSCO Information Services.
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
First Shift Receiving Clerk
The Receiving Clerk is responsible for opening inbound totes/cartons, receiving goods to stock, and correctly identifying exceptions.
* Opens and empties inbound totes or cartons of product and identifies exceptions.
* Responsible for receiving inventory in conformance with receiving requirements including verification of all essential data for proper maintenance of on-hand inventory.
* When required, verifies that ISBN, title, price and binding agree with received product, using PC and surface mounted scanner.
* Perform some record maintenance, i.e. pricing, title, binding code, volume, spelling, publication year, etc.
* Forwards nonconforming goods to exception receiver.
* Accurately counts and enters quantities using PC.
* Sorts products.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Positive Attitude
* Good Judgement
* Open Communication
* Desire to Make an Impact
* Eager to Understand
* Team Player
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
* Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds.
* Knowledge of scanning equipment.
* Basic PC and 10-key skills.
* Effective oral and written communication skills in working with employees.
* Effective problem solving skills and capable of applying common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
* Ability to process simple math equations and other tasks as assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.