Fiscal Analyst 8/25/2016
Public Health Solutions
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Public Health Solutions is a nonprofit organization that develops implements and advocates dynamic solutions to prevent disease and improve community health. We conduct comprehensive research providing insight on public health issues, create and manage community health programs, and provide services to organizations to address public health challenges.
Contracting and Management Services (CAMS), a division of Public Health Solutions, administers millions of dollars in public health funding through "master contracts" with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (NYCDOHMH). Since 1991, CAMS has funded services for people living with HIV/AIDS under the federal Ryan White Treatment Modernization Act, and since 2000, for HIV prevention services. CAMS contracts with community-based organizations, hospitals, clinics, mental health clinics and other organizations for services in areas as diverse as early childhood mental health, cancer screening, substance abuse treatment and risk reduction, family planning and HIV/AIDS. In addition, CAMS has recently expanded its portfolio of contracting services to include a broad array of non-HIV/AIDS public health and human services initiatives.
CAMS implements innovative reimbursement and monitoring approaches, and helps service providers to meet their contractual goals through direct technical assistance and partnering with NYCDOHMH for program assistance. CAMS promotes effective service delivery, program and fiscal integrity by setting and communicating standards, and by collecting, analyzing and reporting on program data.
Public Health Solutions seeks a FISCAL ANALYST for its Contracting and Management Services division. The Fiscal Analyst will work very closely with the CAMS Fiscal Manager to ensure subcontractors comply with established audit compliance requirements. S/he will review subcontractor Infrastructure Self-assessment Questionnaires in order to provide assurance internal controls in place to appropriately manage government funds. The Fiscal Analyst will also review subcontractor annual audit reports (Financial Statement, Single Audit Report (if applicable), Schedule of Revenues and Management Letter as well as complete audit confirmation requests.
SPECIFICALLY, THE FISCAL ANALYST WILL:
* Follow-up on delinquent annual audit reports; request corrective action plans as necessary.
* Review annual audit reports (Financial Statement, Single Audit Report (if applicable), Schedule of Revenues, and Management Letter) for PHSCAMS subcontractors.
* Update CAMS audit tracking logs
* Follow-up on material findings identified in the annual reports and request corrective action plans as necessary
* Recommend the suspension of payments to subcontractors who are out of compliance with contractual audit requirements and provide input in contract compliance decisions
* Assist in the development of the Infrastructure Self-assessment Questionnaire and follow-up with subcontractors who have not submitted the Infrastructure Self-Assessment Questionnaire
* Review the infrastructure Self-Assessment Questionnaire and provide feedback to subcontractors.
* Complete audit confirmation requests
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting.
* Prior experience reviewing audited financial statement and single audit reports.
* Must be detail oriented and possess strong communication and computer skills
* CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER AND CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK:
Public Health Solutions is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled