Fixed Networks - Americas Customer Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Nokia Siemens Networks
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Join the team that's transforming the way the world communicates!
CUSTOMER ENGINEERING team works with customer teams, business development, product management, and R&D to provide support and professional services to Fixed Networks customers in the Americas region. Customer Engineers develop and deliver professional services including:
* ANALYSIS & HIGH LEVEL DESIGN involving Solution Definition, Requirements Development, Architecture and High Level Design
* SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT DETAILED DESIGN involving Interface specifications, Design of Migrations Methods of Procedure (MoPs), Failure Mode Analysis, Detailed capacity guidelines, and Performance analysis
* SYSTEM ELEMENT DEVELOPMENT involving System Element requirements specification, implementation, and acceptance of ALU and 3rd party supplied System Elements
* SYSTEM INTEGRATION & VERIFICATION involving planning, design, and execution
* NETWORK DEPLOYMENT DETAILED DESIGN involving developing configuration templates for software, hardware configuration templates, IP addressing, VLAN, Capacity, and QoS plans
* NETWORK ELEMENT INTEGRATION including customizing documentation, performing software updates, establishing and validating connectivity to network and element management system, testing alarms, timing and synchronization, redundancy, call flows, services, and any customer/country specific tests necessary to get customer acceptance and sign off
* NETWORK INTEGRATION involving multiple Network Element Integrations
* CUSTOMER ACCEPTANCE involving defining strategy, planning, and executing all integration, verification, validation, and User Acceptance Test activities to get finance
MIGRATION EXECUTION AND LEGACY EXIT involving planning, execution, and management of migration activities including decommissioning obsolete equipment
This position requires working onsite at a customer location in support of Nokia Fixed Networks equipment.
We are looking for highly motivated, responsible, high caliber engineer who can work collaboratively across organizations to deliver network engineering solutions. Aptitude and attitude are more important than meeting specific experience criteria. Individuals will need a balance of skills:
* Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
* Professional and courteous demeanor
* Technical aptitude
* Enthusiasm: passion for quality and willingness to learn
Travel is an expectation of the role. Amount varies depending on various factors.
* 5-7 years relevant work experience preferred
* Access technologies (GPON, EPON, P2P)
* Layer 2/Layer3 IP protocols
* IPTV video service delivery
* SIP voice service delivery
* Network engineering and network design
* Network integration
* Professional services sales/business development
* Customer relationship management
* BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DO NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, STATUS AS A VETERAN, AND BASIS OF DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL PROTECTED CLASS.