Fleet Maintenance Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
DEAN FOODS COMPANY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
The Fleet Maintenance Manager ensures that the Company s
vehicle maintenance programs are executed in an
efficient, safe and economical manner by providing
leadership, and coordinating and directing employee
activities engaged in servicing and repairing equipment
and vehicles assigned to the Company.
* Plans, directs, and monitors preventive maintenance
and repair programs for all Company vehicles.
* Apprises General Manager and Region Fleet Maintenance
Manager about fleet performance and costs. Makes
presentations and prepares reports for the General
Manager and Region Fleet Maintenance Manager as
* Contributes and guides others to understanding and
supporting our cost-conscious culture.
* Performs justification and life cycle cost analyses;
performs trend analyses for various vehicle performance
and maintenance issues and related expenses.
* Supports and contributes to the development and
success of warranty and policy programs for recovery of
* Assists in the development and implementation of
standard operating procedures for vehicle maintenance
using known best practices.
* Assists in the direction of departmental activities in
budget cycle requirements.
* Reviews and makes recommendations on scope of work and
specifications for major procurements related to fleet
* Directs compliance with or assists in the
establishment of programs, policies, and procedures to
attract, develop, and retain a competent and motivated
workforce, including but not limited to recruiting,
hiring, training, performance management, counseling,
grievances, and appeals.
* Assures timely and assertive responses to inspection
findings, working closely with Company Safety and DOT
* Assists in the development and leadership of
short-and-long-range planning activities covering all
aspects of fleet maintenance operations.
* Ensures timely and accurate responses to General
Manager and Region Fleet Maintenance Manager initiatives
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would
include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas,
confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall
* Ensures compliance with all Dean Corporate policies
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager
requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating,
* Has management responsibility involving staffing,
conducting performance appraisals, training and
developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases,
terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and/or experience
equivalent to the completion of an Associate s Degree or
60 semester units or equivalent in automotive
A minimum of 7 years of increasingly responsible
experience in fleet maintenance of over-the-road and
refrigerated transport equipment; with at least 3 years
experience in the supervision and management of fleet
A valid Commercial Drivers License is preferred.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the following: principles,
methods and practices pertaining to the supervision of
fleet maintenance and repair operations, including
transportation refrigeration equipment; implementation
of fleet operational goals, objectives, policies and
procedures; tools, lubricants, equipment and procedures
used in servicing, overhauling, repairing and adjusting
a variety of power driven equipment and transportation
refrigeration equipment; principles and methods used in
the planning/coordination of an effective program for
preventative maintenance; regulatory compliance with
applicable federal, state and local guidelines (i.e.,
OSHA, DOT, HAZMAT, EPA, ANSI); recruiting, supervising,
training and motivating fleet maintenance personnel; and
adherence to workplace diversity and has track record of
full compliance with EEO guidelines.
* Significant work experience in the following: accurate
record keeping; research and cost reporting procedures;
budgeting; inventory control and parts acquisition; use
of automated equipment maintenance systems used in
generating work orders, parts utilization reports and
labor productivity; managing multiple remote locations;
successful negotiation and on-going management of
contract fleet maintenance agreements and outside
vendors (i.e., body shops); performing audits of vehicle
maintenance and safety by performing hands-on vehicle
and record inspections.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Skill in organization, time management,
prioritization, and attention to detail.
* Ability to adapt to changing organizational and
* Strong team player who is able to work across multiple
functions and disciplines.
* Must be able to pass all medical exams, drug and
background checks (including criminal).
* Travel requirement: up to 20% (to observe and audit
vehicle performance and maintenance in remote
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens
(including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other category protected under federal,
state, or local laws.