Fleet Maintenance Mech
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
DEAN FOODS COMPANY
Berkeley Farms LLC, a division of Dean Foods Company,
the nation's leading processor and distributior of dairy
products has an immediate opening for a Fleet
Maintenance Mechanic at its Hayward, CA location. At
Berkeley Farms, our employees enjoy a great work
environment and an outstanding and competitive wage and
benefit package that includes healthcare, compnay-paid
retirement, vacation and other benefits provided through
the Machinists Automotive Trades District Lodge Local
The Fleet Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for
repairing and maintaining transportation equipment to be
used safely and efficiently to move product according to
* Maintain equipment to desired performance levels.
* Complete work orders in a timely manner maintaining
high quality standards
* Keep management informed of safety, operator and
equipment observations and concerns
* Perform prescribed Preventative Maintenance.
* Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible
and accurate format, and completed with required
* Ensure all required information is documented in
accordance with SOP s.
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in
identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would
include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas,
confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall
* Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs
and food quality related to designated area.
* Report any food safety and food quality related issues
to management immediately.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two
years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent
combination of education and experience.
* Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions
* Mechanic Certifications and CDL-A preferred.
* Refrigeration license required.
* Must be able to stand, walk, kneel, bend, reach, crawl
required for virtually the entire shift.
* Able to lift up to 50 pounds and assist others when
lifting is required. Manipulation of tools, equipment
and truck component is required.
* Must be computer literate, and have experience with
engine, ABS, transmission, etc. diagnostic equipment and
* Must be able to work in a dusty, greasy environment
with moderate to high noise volume.
* Must be willing to work flexible hours including
overtime, weekends and holidays.
* Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens
(including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other category protected under federal,
state, or local laws.