This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsible for coordinating personnel, performance, training and service needs of an assigned fleet of drivers. Partners with, and coordinates transportation related activities with other departments such as warehouse distribution, maintenance, This position will need to motivate and retain drivers in accordance with company and department quality, utilization and profit objectives.
* Manages the fleet productivity using critical performance indicators.
* Tracks out-of-service percentages, miles per month per truck, driver turnover percentages, revenue per truck per week, out-of-route miles, and service failures.
* Meets load requirements.
* Assumes ownership for each load from the point of dispatch to the point of delivery.
* Dispatches complete and accurate load information at all times.
* Manages the personal, training, and service needs of an assigned fleet of drivers.
* Communicates fleet needs with internal partners.
* Notifies planners if assistance is necessary to meet customer expectations.
* Communicates with internal partners when there are changes to a load.
* Responsible for compliance with DOT requirements and meeting all safety requirements.
* Manages the maintenance of equipment and facility.
* Management skills.
* Knowledge of Distribution process, including Sales Services, scheduling, finance and manufacturing.
* Must have strong written communications skills necessary to document current processes and develop recommendations for improvement.
* Must have strong verbal and presentation skills; to conduct meetings and make presentations to all levels of management.
* Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of the departmental budgeting process.
* Experience with transportation operations and related systems, expertise in governmental safety and regulatory compliance (i.e., DOT/CSA, OSHA, etc.).
* Requires a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in the field of distribution or business.