Fleet Mechanic - AMR of Philadelphia, PA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title: Mechanic Intermediate Reports To: Lead Mechanic
Department: Fleet Location: 6501 Essington Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19153
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provide preventive maintenance and repairs on fleet vehicles as assigned by Fleet Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs Front Line Mechanic inspections and preventive maintenance on both diesel and gasoline vehicles as per policies and procedures.
* Performs mechanical and electrical repairs as per policies and procedures.
* Responds to vehicle breakdowns in the field when requested.
* Assists other Mechanics as needed.
* Operates company vehicles in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
* Completes all required paperwork neatly, correctly and on time.
* Uses parts computer to locate needed parts and verify correct application.
* Attend all mandatory Fleet training.
* Performs all other duties as requested by Fleet Maintenance Manager.
* Vehicles repaired and maintained correctly and in a timely fashion.
* Must have HS Diploma or GED
* Must have valid drivers license in compliance with AMR policy
* 5 years experience preferred
* Ford gas & diesel 7.3L & 6.0L experience
* PA state inspection license
* Strong AC-DC electrical experience
* Ford diagnostic knowledge & able to use laptop based scan tool
* HVAC experience with current Macs or ASE refrigerant handling certification
* Current ASE certification
* Macs or ASE refrigerant handling certification
Knowledge and Skills:
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Ability to employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas. Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions on memos, letters, various documents and repair manuals. Ability to perform the essential job functions. Regular and predictable attendance. Must have a basic set of personal tools.