Fleet Operations Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Fort Lupton, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONBrick Staffing is searching for a Fleet Operations Manager for our client in Denver, CO.
The candidate provides direct supervision of all Fleet and Maintenance Operations, and works to ensure efficient and effective process of vehicle and equipment repairs, rapid turnaround of vehicles and equipment, and manages quality assurance and quality control. Will analyze expenditures and other financial information to develop plans, policies and budgets to increase profits and improve services. You will need to monitor the budgeting initiatives that you put in place to ensure that expenses are consistent with your plan.
Duties may include, but are not limited to: supervising staff, directing activities, planning, coordinating repairs, handling complaints, managing resources, conferring with supervisors and managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES including assignment and maintenance of vehicles within the fleet.
* Analyze all operating metrics, providing guidance on trends and developing prompt actions to correct performance issues or inefficiencies while identifying opportunities to reduce expenses.
* Ensure maintenance work is completed in accordance with all State, Federal and Company standards.
* Manage maintenance costs and spending at budgeted levels.
* Creates, reviews, and maintains accurate maintenance and inventory records for the fleet.
* Reviews and closes work orders: checks for correct charges; inputs data into database; closes completed work orders.
* Manages and approves costs for repairs to fleet; receives and processes invoices; reviews and approves farm-outs and body work.
* Manages welding operations.
* Provides reporting and analysis of fleet; reviews all vehicles, creates a schedule for each vehicles maintenance and estimation of costs using various reports including vehicle down for parts listing, backlog report, statistics report, building invoice report and labor audit report.
* Manages employees; leads meetings, provides training, manages and resolves personnel complaints, inputs and reviews payroll records, approves time off, completes employee performance appraisals, manages work order assignment based on available staff, parts, shop space, and user department equipment needs.
* Manages internal and external customer requests and complaints.
* Manages dispatch of fleet equipment to and from jobsites.
* Manages Fuel procurement and inventory.
* Maintains safe work environment; ensure proper safety equipment is up to specifications for department, respond to incident reports.
* May accept responsibility for major vendor coordination, specific fleet programs (leased equipment) or other significant programs.
* Follows standardized procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks. Selects from multiple procedures and methods to accomplish tasks. May interpret organizational policies and recommend exceptions.
* May make purchasing or resource allocation decisions within organization guidelines.
* Has formal supervisory authority over a large work group, frequently with intermediate team or crew leaders or a group of highly specialized employees, to include training, coaching, discipline, performance management, scheduling, training, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS automotive and equipment terminology including diagnostic evaluations.
* Skill in the use of: personal computers; of Microsoft Word of staff supervision and training.
* Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in a business field.
* 8-10years' of automotive/diesel experience, general administration or fleet maintenance experience, and supervisory experience; or any equivalent combination of education and training.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE TRANSPORTATION MANAGER INCLUDE
* Minimum 5years Managerial experience
* Knowledge of DOT regulations
* Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Outlook
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills