Fleet Technician- $2400 Sign On- Shepherdsville, KY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Gordon Food Service
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you; for more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. We re seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in people s lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
As a FLEET MECHANIC you will repair and maintain all heavy tractor, trailer, refrigeration units, and converter dolly units.
Some of the essential functions of this position include:
* Inspects, maintains and repairs Diesel engines, Gas Engines, refrigeration units, and all systems/components related to heavy duty tractors, trailers, and refrigeration units.
* Performs and interprets diagnostic testing to determine malfunctions on all equipment types.
* Performs daily inspection and preventative maintenance of equipment and follow-up on driver s write-ups to make repairs as necessary.
* Performs general cutting and welding as necessary.
* Makes road calls to repair equipment as necessary.
* Assists in repair of shop equipment including garage doors and all power tools.
* Determines if rolling stock is safe to operate or needs to be serviced.
* Completes all reporting accurately and in a timely manner and communicates status of current assignment to management.
* Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
* Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
* You must be 20 years of age or older (required)
* High school diploma or GED equivalent (required)
* Graduate of an accredited Heavy Truck / Diesel Technology School OR applicable three years experience.
* Certification OR minimum three years experience in air conditioning, air brakes, and refrigeration
* CDL Class A (Commercial Drivers License) preferred
* Demonstrate leadership capabilities
* Able to write, speak, and communicate in English (required)
* Demonstrate the ability to operate equipment in a professional & safe manner
* Effective problem-solving, communication, and organization skills
* Able to operate all equipment with appropriate operator's license,
* Forklift training required
* Must be able to furnish your own hand tools
* Some computer knowledge is preferred
* Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 80 pounds
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a GFS customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not! Click here for more details.
Why Work for Gordon Food Service? Gordon Food Service Stewardship Report
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.