Flex Security Officer needed in Emeryville, CA
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
ABOUT ALLIEDBARTON SECURITY SERVICES
AlliedBarton Security Services is the industry s premier provider of highly trained security personnel to many industries including commercial real estate, higher education, healthcare, residential communities, chemical/petrochemical, government, manufacturing and distribution, financial institutions, and shopping centers. AlliedBarton provides superior security officer services to protect people, homes and businesses. The most honored security services provider, AlliedBarton consistently delivers exceptional service which creates a differentiated experience for clients and the people they serve. More than 60,000 employees and 120 offices serve thousands of clients with levels of protection that anticipate needs and build enduring relationships. AlliedBarton is headquartered in Conshohocken, PA, and has been American owned and managed since 1957.
The AlliedBarton Security Specialist is responsible for the enforcement of the client s smoke free campus, and security access guidelines. The Security Specialist must be fully trained and thoroughly knowledgeable of all client security guidelines, operating procedures, emergency response procedures, security procedures, practices and site interior/exterior layout. They must be capable of guidance enforcement, consistency and cooperation between client employees, contractors, and visitors. The Security Specialist must possess strong interpersonal skills and must demonstrate excellent communication skills. Security Specialists works under the direct supervision of the AlliedBarton Shift Supervisor, while working closely with the AlliedBarton Account Manager and client security management personnel. Candidate must successfully pass the field training program for Security Specialist, AlliedBarton Reception Specialist and AlliedBarton SOC Specialist to be appointed to Security Specialist program.
SECURITY SPECIALIST RESPONSIBILITIES:
* May be assigned to work in the 24-hour Security Operations Center (GSOC) located in Emeryville, CA.
* May be assigned to work as a Lobby Receptionist or Kiosk Specialist in Emeryville, CA.
* May be assigned to access control office or other functions to be determined.
* Work closely with the GSOC, 24-hour Security Operations Center resources as well as remote or 3rd party security suppliers to establish and maintain an effective security supplier program at the client campus.
* Coordinate with stakeholders including client management, employees, and 3rd parties to deliver on operational requirements.
* Collaborate with client security and 3rd party consultants and suppliers to implement processes, tools and procedures to serve the security effort.
* Implement escalation procedures to support client s Violence in the Workplace Prevention Programs.
* Provide incident report documentation including the initial investigative process and escalation of investigations and events as well as mitigation advice and guidance to reporting parties.
* Provide consulting and operational support for client special events.
* Provide leadership to fellow Security Specialists and 3rd party consultants to accommodate the security needs of the client.
* Fill customer service requests as they relate to security requirements of the client.
* Exercise skill in the use and operation of security systems including basic troubleshooting knowledge to ensure a problem is well understood and that repairs or modifications can be efficiently implemented.
* Patrol offices and the exterior of client buildings as appropriate.
* Establish and maintain a current Guard Card certification through the State of California s Bureau of Security and Investigation Services.
* Establish and maintain AED, CPR, First Aid certification and exercise those skills as appropriately consistent with the services provided to the client.
* Establish and maintain an appropriate liaison with local law enforcement.
* Complete all mandatory client training to include, but not limited to: EH&S, GMP and/or other regulatory required training.
* May provide fire detection/prevention rounds.
* Maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
* Protect personnel and property by observing and reporting safety, hazardous, or equipment problems.
* Keep your supervisor and/or dispatcher informed of your activities and any special post activities.
* Provide employee escorts to vehicles, as requested.
* Works as direct liaison for client security to enforce all client security site access guidance. Ensuring all people on client property are authorized to be onsite.
* Patrols the interior of assigned buildings to visually verify client site access guidelines are maintained. client access control badges must be visibly worn at all times, visitors must be escorted at all times and only authorized personnel have site access.
* Receives and executes directions of Client Facilities Director with close coordination with the Account Manager and the Client Security Management.
* Participates in cross training and opportunity/scenario training in coordination with the Account Manager.
* Mentors, coaches and works as a team to deliver a superior Security Specialist force.
* Maintains a complete understanding of site emergency procedures.
* Analyze security activities and make appropriate adjustments or recommend improvements.
* Security Specialists may provide independent support or escalation to a security management to accommodate complex situations.
* Participate in daily briefings and/or pass-on information to on coming Specialists as necessary.
* Recommends policy, training, rewrite for procedures/processes.
* Communicate and interface effectively with a pleasant Customer Service tone to all client employees, vendors, and AlliedBarton personnel.
* Maintain a professional attitude, appearance, and image at all times.
* Other duties assigned or prescribed in site guidelines.
* Works in dynamic environments and assess threat levels during special events or rapid deployments.
* One year of supervisory or leadership experience demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility.
* Strong back ground in an environment that utilizes exceptional interpersonal skills. IE Military, Law Enforcement, Security,
* Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
* Excellent spoken and written English skills.
* Exceptional customer service.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and fellow Security Specialists.
* Demonstrated success in effective team leading.
* This individual must be self-motivated and capable of anticipating requirements.
* No performance disciplinary actions with AlliedBarton Security Services within the last 12 months.
AlliedBarton is known as the most responsive security services provider and it is our people that differentiate AlliedBarton. Recognized as a training leader, AlliedBarton offers on-the-job, web-based and ongoing training programs for all personnel from security officers through executive level management. Our focus on learning and development and our leadership culture helps our employees grow personally and professionally.
Are you daring enough to be a leader who sees challenges as an adventure* Embark upon an exciting career journey and Dare to be GREAT! Be daring, be GREAT, be one of us!
For additional information, please visit our website at www.AlliedBarton.com.
AlliedBarton is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran.