Flight Attendant (DFW, IAD, IAH, and PHX)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFull-Time - Part-Time
Full Time - Permanent
Flight Attendants are the face of the airline. As such, they must be reliable and punctual with devotion to providing excellent customer service at all times. The position requires Flight Attendants to maintain a positive, approachable, and accommodating attitude, while delivering extraordinary service to all customers. To be successful a Flight Attendant must have in-depth knowledge of all safety procedures, service standards and company policies.
* Provide constant attention to our customers, providing them with a safe and reliable onboard experience
* Greet passengers, monitor carry-on baggage and direct passengers to assigned seats
* Ability to remain positive, respectful and understanding during challenging situations and/or passenger conflict
* Maintain physical health and professional appearance standards
* Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all emergency procedures and ability to operate all emergency equipment on board the aircraft
* Explain use of safety equipment to passengers in a clear, concise manner
* Serve beverages, snacks and meals where applicable
* Assist passengers to store carry-on luggage in overhead or under-seat storage
* Inform passengers of federal aviation regulations before push back, during flight and prior to landing
* Perform duties related to unforeseen medical emergencies and special needs passengers, i.e., unaccompanied minors and their paperwork, visually or hearing impaired, language impaired, elderly, physically challenged, etc
* Abide by policies outlined in the Code of Conduct, Employee Handbook, Flight Attendant Manual and Code Share Partner standards
Mesa Air Group offers comprehensive health plans, package, travel benefits, bonuses & much more.
Starting pay for Flight Attendants is: $15.91 per flight hour, increasing to $17.05 after 6 months. Flight Hours will be discussed at the open session. The average earnings for a Flight Attendant in the first year of employment is approximately $22,000.
Other Compensation Opportunities:
Flight attendants have numerous ways to earn extra income each month. Mesa Airlines provides operational incentive bonuses, perfect attendance awards, and a crew pad assistance program. Additionally, when Flight Attendants elect not to stay in a company provided accommodation, Mesa Airlines will pay a portion of the hotel cost back to the Flight Attendant.
A Flight Attendant can earn an additional $500 per month ($6,000 annually) utilizing other compensation opportunities.
The location for this position is based on the operational needs of the company and seniority. Current bases are as follows and are subject to change:
PHX (Phoenix, AZ)
DFW (Dallas, TX)
IAD (Washington, D.C.)
IAH (Houston, TX)
New hires will be assigned to one of the above bases.
Please read the instructions below and all information provided in its entirety for the Flight Attendant posting. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered and NO phone calls please.
Applicants who have completed an online application and meet the minimum requirements will receive an invitation to our information session. Due to space limitations the number of applicants invited will be limited and applications will be evaluated in the order which they are received. All correspondence will be via email only (an email address will be provided in the invitation to selected applicants).
Providing seating is available, you will receive a final seat confirmation. The following will be required for entrance to the session: invitation, seat confirmation and proper identification. Please note: travel and hotel arrangements are NOT provided for information sessions.
The session will be announced and additional details will be provided on the invitation. INITIAL APPLICATION PROCESS
To be considered for the Flight Attendant position applicants applying must meet the minimum requirements, complete an online application and attach a current resume. Applicants must also complete an online video questionnaire (within the time allotted ) which will be sent to the applicant via email.
Mesa Air Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote diversity in the workplace.
Mesa Airlines, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities and disabled veterans.