Flight Controls Project Engineer
FLIGHT CONTROLS PROJECT ENGINEER
Ready to take the lead on testing complex flight controls Can you see the end from the beginning and develop a plan to get there Parsons is now hiring an experienced Flight Controls Project Engineer with a passion for developing technical solutions and systems to move new flight control products forward.
In this role you will be a primary motivator and contributor to the analysis, conceptual design, development, and testing of complex flight controls test equipment used on military, and commercial aircraft components. Operating either independently or as part of a design/development team, you will build a project plan for the successful testing of new products from start to finish.
Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your 10+ years with design, analysis, and development of complex electro-hydraulic, electro-mechanical, or electro-pneumatic servo-mechanisms for mechanical and hydraulic test rigs, will propel your career forward. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new challenges as we continue to develop and test flight controls.
* Build a project plan for the successful testing of new products from start to finish.
* Conceptualize and design of automatically controlled mechanical/hydraulic test rigs.
* Operate either independently or as part of a design/development team, which includes other Department engineers
* Be concerned with system or component performance and integration, both being achieved within budget and prescribed schedules
* Coordinate the work of drafters, technicians, designers, analysts, manufacturing engineers and others who assist in specific assignments
* Communicate with the involved Division support personnel, keeping them informed of progress and educating them on the operation and performance of the design
* Possibly provide direct supervision of up to four subordinate engineers and/or project or product-engineering technicians. This would include setting their workload and priorities, counseling and conducting performance appraisals.
* Bachelor of Science's degree in Mechanical Engineering, probably an advanced degree
* 10 + years of experience with design, analysis, and development of complex electro-hydraulic, electro-mechanical, or electro-pneumatic servo-mechanisms for mechanical and hydraulic test rigs
* A proven record of successful development programs working as a part of a project team
* Experience in the areas of Requirements Definition, Integration, V&V, modeling & simulation with project management.
* Ability to communicate fluently to a wide variety of audiences with a customer focus in mind
* US Citizen or Permanent Resident to comply with US Government Contracts
* 4 years of progressive experience in the field of engineering with flight controls
* Simulation and Model based design tools experience. (MATLAB and Simulink)
* Experience in the development of commercial or military aircraft flight controls
* FAA certification experience of avionic systems
* Avionics Standards: DO-178, DO-254, ARP-4754
Ready for action We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of engineering services. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
PARSONS REFERRAL PLAN
_Maybe this opportunity isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is Why not join our Parsons external referral program When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!_
Parsons is proud of our 70+ years in delivering engineering, technical, and construction services to our legacy markets: transportation, water, environmental, oil and gas, industrial, and defense. As markets have evolved, so have we. Parsons is a provider of choice for cybersecurity and alternative project delivery services. We believe talent, passion, and commitment generate success. Parsons employees go the distance for our customers and give back to the communities in which we live and work_. _We welcome self-starters who have the ability to solve problems elegantly--and who believe in our core values of integrity, safety, quality, innovation, sustainability, and diversity. If this describes you, join us! PARSONS DELIVERS A BETTER WORLD.
Parsons is an equal-opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.