Flight Medic (SI) - Iraq
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 4/17/2017
Cape Canaveral, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
The Flight Medic shall be utilized to provide flight medical support for assigned program, along with other duties as determined by the primary medical providers (physicians, nurse practitioners and Physician Assistants) that do not exceed the scope of practice. Will be supervised clinically by primary medical provider(s).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* All Flight Medic candidates shall have the skills and ability to perform:
* Medical support as a flight medic during aero medical evacuations.
* Examines patients, performs physical exams.
* Documentation and maintenance of patient records.
* Therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, management of infection, EKG s,
* Direct patient care, including at a minimum:
* Assessment and diagnosis
* Intravenous/Intraosseous access
* Venous blood draw
* Endotracheal intubation
* Medication administration
* 3/12 lead electrocardiogram (EKGs) interpretation
* Knowledge of medications
* Duties within their scope of practice as dictated by their license.
* Health promotion and preventative care.
* Aero medical evacuation missions.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, QUALIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE:
* Flight medic candidates must hold current BLS (Basic life Support) and ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support certifications; Prehospital trauma course and PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) certifications desirable
* High School diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
* Completed an approved Paramedic course.
* Hold and maintain a current unrestricted U.S. (State) Paramedic license; Certification by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) desirable
* Completion of Critical Care Emergency Medical Technician Program (CCEMT-P) course and certification desirable.
* Completion of Critical Care Paramedic, Flight Paramedic, or equivalent course desirable.
* A minimum of 7 years experience is required, with both clinical and EMT/Paramedic field experience.
* 2 years experience as a NRCM or NPCP Instructor; graduate of the US Army Flight Instructor Course desirable
* Experience as a Flight Medic, Combat Medic or Navy Corpsman is desirable.
* Knowledge of advanced assessment and diagnosis, including body recovery procedures, wound repair, to include anesthesia, and suturing, desirable
* Knowledge of advanced treatment modalities, including chest tube thoracotomy, venous access through cut down procedures, blood typing and cross match, and blood transfusion protocols desirable.
* Knowledge of general sick call procedures, radiological (basic) analysis, material inventory principles, desirable.
* Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the medical care field.
* Sufficient Paramedic or related experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Must have a valid, current U.S. Driver s License
* Must have a current U.S. Passport or country of origin Passport.
* Department of State, Bureau of Diplomatic Security Secret Clearance
* Will sign Foreign Service Agreement (FSA) and is bound to the terms and conditions of the FSA.
* All EMT shall be proficient in the ability to speak, write and communicate in English.
* Travel to and between CONUS and OCONUS locations is required.
* Capable of responding to a wide variety of operational circumstances, under extreme weather conditions, within a hostile environment.
* May be exposed to extreme noise from aircraft, hostile fire, and other acts of aggression associated with this region.
* May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and work in close proximity to moving mechanical parts, aircraft, and vehicles.
* Well required to kneel, bend, sit and lift heavy objects for extended periods of time.
* Must be confirmed by a medical examination to be medically and dentally fit in accordance with contract requirements Complete and pass a Class III Flying Duty Medical Examination if required.
* Will be required to work and live in a potentially hostile environment, at remote locations, and under austere conditions.
Comprehensive Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.