Flight Ops Systems Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
Fort Irwin, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Flight Ops Systems AdministratorJob ID:
Flight Ops Systems Administrator Req ID:
CN20160209-13913 Work Location:
Fort Irwin, CAResponsibilities:* Responsible for the system administration of all UNIX- LINUX and Windows-based computer systems used on the operations flight data network at GDSCC
* Duties include disk and file system management, user account management, system security assessment, configuration of hardware devices and software applications, diagnosis and corrective maintenance of failed systems
* Provide assistance to other engineers in the Engineering Services group and the Operations group in troubleshooting and correcting problems with operational systems
* Implement configuration changes to systems as authorized by the Cognizant Development Engineer or Operations Engineer for assigned subsystems
* Serve as the prime point of contact for the Emergency Control Center MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:* Schedule, create, and maintain system image back-ups of all Operational Software to physical media for local storage
* Create and install scripts for various maintenance and operations functions
* Assist the Sub-System Engineers with in-depth UNIX/Linux tasks
* Configure services on network servers such as the Jumpstart server and the Network Monitor and Control System servers that require special password access
* Perform IT Security Scans; Evaluate and implement security access controls on Flight OPS systems
* Conduct hands-on UNIX/Linux training to maintenance and operations personnel.
* Perform investigation and analysis of discrepancy reports WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:* Extended work day
* Occasional shift work
* Must be able to work in Air Conditioned Computer room for extended shifts
* Interface with internal and external customers Required Experience:* Bachelor of Science degree in computer science or equivalent
* 6+ years directly relatedexperience with Unix/Linux operating system
* Applicant must possess good communication skills both written and verbal
* Must be self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to work as a team memberHarris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Systems Administration Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - CA - Fort Irwin .