Flight Systems Engineering Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
EagleView Technologies and Pictometry
JOB DESCRIPTIONWith locations in Bothell, WA and Rochester, NY, EAGLEVIEW TECHNOLOGIES is a lively and fast-growing Inc. 500 technology company offering full technology solutions in the GIS, measurement and analytical space. We specialize in high-resolution aerial photography, automated 3D measurement technologies and overall software solutions for government, insurance, construction and infrastructure customers. Our patented processes combined with the power of Pictometry image technology have changed the way these industries do business and resulted in them clamoring for more.
The FLIGHT SYSTEMS ENGINEERING MANAGER will lead the team that designs, manufactures and maintains the company's aerial capture platforms. The Manager will provide leadership in a very dynamic environment and expect the unexpected as a matter of course. In addition to great organization skills, the manager should have good hands on experience with mechanical, computer, and optical systems to provide insight and direction to the team.
* Manage a diverse and motivated team of mechanical, optical, camera, electrical and fabrication engineers and technicians.
* Manage procurement for optical, electrical, mechanical and computer components to build and maintain over 100 aerial capture systems.
* Maintain and manage vendor relationships.
* Develop solutions for asset management and tracking.
* Develop and maintain production and design schedules.
* Coordinate with Flight Production team to meet production schedule demands.
* Work closely with Software Development teams to define and track features and requirements and coordinate and schedule testing.
* Manage the support and maintenance of existing capture platforms.
* Coordinate and plan for component end of life schedules.
* Create and maintain a strategy for systems level design documentation.
* Work with aeronautical design and certification firms to validate designs and obtain FAA approvals.
* Provide technical guidance to the team.
* Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* BachelorDegree in Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Optical Engineering or related field or equivalent related work experience
* 3+ years of experience leading a manufacturing design team.
* Experience with small volume highly customized manufacturing processes
* Experience with optical and computer systems highly preferred
* Experience defining and implementing production schedules
EagleView(R) Technologies offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment.
EagleView and its subsidiaries are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.