Floor Plan Administrator (Req #16-325)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONACCOUNTING CLERK (FLOOR PLAN ADMINISTRATOR)
REQUISITION #: 16-325
LOCATION: 750 NE Columbia Boulevard, Portland, OR 97211
TO APPLY: VISIT OUR CAREERS PAGE AT (www.tecequipment.com/about-us/careers/) AND FOLLOW THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS.
TEC Equipment, the west s premier, multi-point, full-service, heavy-duty truck dealership based in Portland, OR is a growing company with over 1,100 employees in 24 locations in Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington.
We have an opportunity for an entry-level Accounting Clerk (Floor Plan Administrator) to join our Inventory Accounting team. The floor plan is our dealership s method of financing truck and trailer inventory. When we purchase inventory, we do not pay cash out of pocket instead, we borrow the purchase price from a bank. Then, when the inventory sells, we use part of the proceeds to pay the bank off.
Floor plans are essential to almost every dealership, and this entry-level position offers the training necessary to administer them properly. As your skills, knowledge, and network grow, you will be asked to administer every phase of our floor plan with increasing independence. This will open the door to professional advancement within the position.
In this role you will:
* Process timely and accurate floor plan transactions. This is crucial to maintaining strong relationships with our banks.
* Communicate with TEC s branches to gather information and update them on flooring status, enabling them to maintain good relationships with inventory suppliers.
* Scrutinize high-risk transactions for any discrepancy that may indicate fraud.
* Record floor plan transactions accurately to the general ledger, enabling the accounting team to properly reconcile the books.
* Coordinate branch-level research during floor plan audits to ensure our banks receive vital information promptly.
Why work at TEC*
* We have a fantastic accounting team, full of easy-going, supportive, and conscientious professionals.
* TEC Equipment is growing quickly, and is one of the most profitable and best-run private companies in the Portland area.
* We are family-oriented and offer some schedule flexibility (office hours are Mon Fri).
* We develop leadership potential. Many of our managers were promoted from staff positions including the Inventory Accounting Supervisor.
What we are looking for:
* Excellent attention to detail
* Fantastic written and oral communication skills
* Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office, including Excel
* Experience in clerical, administrative, or customer service roles
* Although this position follows defined procedures and is generally subject to direct supervision, a degree of judgement, analysis and independent problem-solving is expected
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving is contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
More About TEC Equipment
Founded in 1976 by David Thompson, TEC Equipment continues to be a family-owned and operated business and is committed to hiring the best talent that share our values Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, and Customer-focus. Learn more about our history and customer commitment by visiting www.tecequipment.com/about-us/our-history.
At TEC Equipment, our people are our most important asset. We offer a family-oriented environment and competitive pay with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
* Health Insurance
* Life and Accident Insurance
* Disability Insurance
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* 401K Retirement Savings Plan with a Company Contribution
* Paid Time Off
* Educational Assistance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
View all our current job opportunities by visiting www.tecequipment.com/about-us/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law..