Floor Technician - Hospital Hill (Evenings)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
According to established procedures, performs a variety of tasks to maintain floor cleanliness and appearance throughout the facility. Follows the floor maintenance schedule to ensure highest quality and care of floor surfaces in all facility areas. Periodic project work is required as assigned. Ensures floor surfaces are maintained as defined by safety and infection control standards. Works as an Environmental Services Technician based on operational needs.
1. Good interpersonal skills required to meet and service the public.
2. Good communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to speak and read the English language
3. Ability to communicate effectively with staff, patients and visitors in English.
4. Ability to lift/carry more than 50 pounds using proper ergonomics on a consistent basis, safely.
5. Additional bending and stooping required during stripping/refinishing hard surface floors.
6. Ability to and experience with operation of electric and battery powered floor care equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
7. Ability to read and understand labeling directions on various cleaning chemicals in order to know contents and first aid instructions.
8. Physical ability to perform the duties required of the Floor Tech for a full shift
9. Six months experience in Environmental Service duties in an institutional/health care environment.
10. Ability to past competency assessment upon completion of training and mentoring program 30 60 days of hire into the position.
High School Diploma or GED