Florock Sales Specialist - Raleigh, NC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Florock is a leader in the research, development, and production of resinous floor coating systems for commercial, industrial and institutional applications. As a result of consistent growth, Florock products are manufactured in a new expanded facility in Chicago, Illinois, owned and operated by Tennant Company. Florock has distribution throughout North America as well as a reseller in the United Kingdom.
Tennant Company is recognized as an industry leader in the design and manufacturing of cleaning equipment and coatings that focus on creating a cleaner, safer, healthier world. Tennant's business includes equipment and coatings used to clean and maintain indoor and outdoor surfaces. Tennant employees work to create a cleaner, safer, healthier world. Tennant is a company that cares about what it's doing, and the sustainability of its products, and works every day to develop new solutions that clean exceptionally well, but don't damage the environment. Employees of Tennant Company work with a spirit of Stewardship. Very simply, Stewardship is a filter for our actions and decision-making, as we strive to leave things in better condition than when we found them.
Our Sales Representative is focused on signing new customer accounts in an assigned territory. They will manage the entire sales process from prospect to close. This is an individual contributor role and does not have direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work independently and within our matrix organization to establish selling strategies and tactics that result in new account business generation
* Schedule and complete weekly prospecting activities to include cold calling and field canvassing
* Build & maintain ongoing rapport with key individuals at customer locations
* Manage sales materials, presentations, contracts & pricing
* Achieve quarterly and annual sales targets on a consistent basis
* Track & enter daily sales activities, leads, pipeline into online sales tracking system
* Accountable to accurately forecast new business both monthly and quarterly
* Maintain an extensive knowledge of markets, products, industry, competition, key buying influences, and partners.
* Make meaningful solution recommendations based on identified needs, and present proposal in a persuasive manner.
* Negotiate effectively with customers and prospects using principles that expand offerings and add unique value that motivates buyers to do business with Tennant.
* Independently manage tough business situations. This includes anticipating obstacles and competitive threats and modifying or adjusting solutions in such a way as to be in a preferred position
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's degree; and five plus years outside sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum of 5 years continuous outside sales experience, and history of progressive sales results.
* Demonstrated success selling surface coatings or related products.
* Extensive experience selling through distributors and/or authorized contractors.
* Prior experience in the commercial or industrial cleaning industry preferred.
* Exceptional business related skills including the ability to develop business strategies.
* Demonstrated experience with high level contacts and interaction with people at all levels within an organization.
* Effective negotiation, organization, time management, and prioritization skills.
* Proven ability to prospect, propose, negotiate and close a sale.
* Proficiency with MS Office applications with familiarity using sales and customer tracking software (CRM.)